We truly value the important contribution volunteers make to Jennyruth Workshops and we endeavour to ensure their time is as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. We need volunteers to assist in the many and varied day-to-day activities essential to the continued success of Jennyruth Workshops. No experience is necessary as we can teach you the skills that you will need.
Volunteering opportunities include supporting our colleagues in:
- painting wooden toys, clocks, household goods, habitat boxes or metal work in the paint shop
- cutting out wooden items, making habitat boxes and cold formed metal items in the scroll saw room
- machine sewing items in the sewing room
- packing, mail order and despatch
- running stalls at craft fairs, shows, canteen sales and exhibitions
- assisting others in fundraising e.g. selling raffle tickets etc.
- general administrative office work
Travel expenses to and from Jennyruth Workshops and any expenses incurred when on Jennyruth business can be reimbursed.
Our principles are that all who work here, our colleagues with learning disabilities, volunteers and paid members of staff are equally valued. What one person cannot do, another is able to do and we all work alongside each other to produce, pack and sell our goods.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please contact us online or give Denise a call on 01765 606620 to discuss how we can work together. We would love to hear from you.